Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Canadian Poker Player Competing in Caribbean Poker Tour Main Event Courtesy Juicy Stakes and Intertops Poker

October 8, 2014 -- St. Johns, Antigua (Press Release) – The second of two winners of Caribbean Poker Tour satellites hosted Intertops Poker (http://poker.intertops.eu) and Juicy Stakes Poker (http://www.juicystakes.eu) says no matter how good you are, luck is always a factor in winning a poker tournament. Simon “Sim79” from Quebec, Canada won the final Caribbean Poker Tour satellite tournament hosted by the two popular poker rooms. He and an earlier online tournament winner won $2700 prize packages that will take them to an all-inclusive luxury resort in St Maarten to compete in the Caribbean Poker Tour Main Event.

Both players will share stories, photos and videos of their experience on a personal poker blog, Living the Dream (http://live-dream-poker.blogspot.com). In his first blog entry today, Simon says he was a little surprised he ended up winning the online tournament.

“I don't think I played my best poker.  It started up kinda bad, I lost some good pots that forced me to re-buy (which I don't usually do, but it was definitely worth it that time with such a prize to win).  The re-buy helped me double-up and enter the Final Table mid-stacker which is good for such a bad start.”

“I won two draws that paid me a lot at the end that put me right back to 3rd and then 2nd with only 3 players left.   I might have overpaid some draws when I was low stacker there was no second prize -- I had to try to hit something. It was do or die.”

“I always say that a bad player can win with luck but that a good player can't win without luck.  There’s always a luck factor.”

“A lot of players play more aggressively when they can still re-buy. But this tournament was so fast there wasn't much time to figure my opponents’ playing habits. ”

“My advice to tournament players is tighten your play when you have less chips (playing less flop), but play aggressively when you go for it.  Don't let yourself go below 8xBB+SB or 8 turns (or 4-5 turns if it's turbo).  If you do, spare the most chips you can to maximize your all-in.”

“I play mostly online. When I first played live with friends I was a stone-type player. Playing online has pushed me to fold more on the flop since I’m less attached to my hand.  Minimize my investment and maximize my gain. ”

“I don't plan on quitting my job or anything. I just have fun. I’m pretty excited to be playing in the Caribbean Poker Tournament! ”

Both poker rooms, popular with player all over the world, are offering reload bonuses up to $500 until this weekend.

Intertops Poker Reload Bonus
100% up to $500
Bonus code: OCT14

Juicy Stakes Poker Reload Bonus
100% up to $500
Bonus code: OCT2014

These bonus codes are valid until Sunday, October 12 only.

The Caribbean Poker Tour Main Event (buy in $1000 + $100) will be played November 1-2, right before the WPT Caribbean Tournament which will also be in St Maarten.

View this online poker news story on YouTube: http://youtu.be/FmPzLzod5SM

No comments:

Post a Comment